This past weekend my team and I took a short vacation from language and cultural learning in Santiago, to visit the beautiful city of Mendoza, Argentina which is just across the Andes. We had a few days of fun and relaxation in a new city and a slightly different culture. I did a lot of walking around the city, saw some sites, did some shopping, and had a few adventures. The highlights include eating a lot of yummy food, taking a few tours, and zip lining through the Andes. It was a nice break from my daily life, an opportunity to refresh and recharge, and a good chance to have a lot of fun together. The Andes were amazing and I got a really good look at them when we rode a bus home through them. They are intense!

Enjoy a few pictures from the trip:

Beautiful Mendoza

Argentina is known for its steaks so I had to have one

It is also known for its leather so I had to buy my first pair of leather boots here. They will come in hand for the cold, wet weather in Concepcion. Sara got a leather purse.

Enjoying the moment of zip lining through the Andes- know I did scream a little but it was a blast

Don't we look hardcore with our helmets and harnesses. We have so much fun together.