My secret little trip home to the US was a great one. I was a little nervous about it, having been gone so long, but home will always be home even if I have changed and it ended up being wonderful. I wouldn't say I experienced reverse culture shock but there were a few things that really stood out to me. Not because they were different but because I was different and saw the world with different, slightly Chilean, eyes.

1. The bathtubs, washers, and dryers are huge! I think my washer could fit inside of my mom's and when I showered I felt very vulnerable in such a big space.
2. I felt a great need to tip the baggers at the grocery store and felt guilty when I did not.
3. I missed kissing people for greeting but luckily most people gave me a hug anyways so it did not feel so strange.
4. Churches are huge! Coming from a church of 16 people on a good day to a church of hundreds was overwhelming and so beautiful.
5. People drive fast and crazy on the freeways! I have always pride myself on my city driving skills but I think they have left me since I no longer drive. It is funny because the drivers in Chile are awful and follow no rules but there are not many places around town where you can get up to 70 mph. That is fast! I was so sure we were going to get hit.

I could probably go on and on but how about I just share with you the highlights of my time home.

Having a double (early for me) birthday celebration with my s-law
Having fun with the family
Getting to see my Sweetie
Getting to see my BFFs

Getting to be in my BFF's wedding
Sharing a lunch with so many from my extended family
Enjoying the perks of the US
More perks- I wont tell you how many trip I made there