This tale requires a bit of a back story for you to get the full effect so here we go!

The other night after watching some movies we realized that our house was really hot, like 20 degrees hotter than outside. The air was blowing its little heart out with no results. We decided to turn the lights off in the house, open the front and back door, set up some fans and try and cool the house down before going to bed. It really made a huge difference and we could see the temperature dropping.

Through this process I poked my head out back and noticed that the air conditioner fan was not moving and it seemed like nothing was going on, yet air was blowing out of our vents. I double checked with my roomies to make sure I was not missing something, but I was right. Our AC is broken! Anyone not living in Texas might think that should not be something to worry about until May at the earliest but it has been very warm here for March.

Thankfully we are renters and can call the landlord on Monday to have him fix it. Even though it is no fun having no AC, we were quite relieved to have a reason that our house would not cool down.

We left the doors open and me and KN set out on the porch and were chatting while O was in bed and KB was on the couch.

Another thing you need to know about our house is that we have many many cats that live around us, so many that I am not sure where they all come from. Jokingly I call our house the whore house for cats because they are always under our house doing...stuff. So it is not unusual to hear cats, what I like to call, yelling at each other in anger or enjoyment.

When we heard the cats yelling I just figured it was around somewhere since we were sitting outside. The yelling got louder...and louder...and louder until I decided to walk to the back of the house and check it out. I walked past the bedroom nearest the back door and saw our cat Alley in the room all poofed up like she had been fighting. I stuck my head about back and looked around but saw no cats.

I walked into the bedroom to calm Alley down, and what did I see? A STRAY CAT IN OUR HOUSE!!! I was so surprised that I just laughed and called for backup. KB picked up Alley who was making not happy noises and was giving the other cat the death stare. The stray cat was hunkered down in a pile of papers and frames thinking "why did I have to be so curious!" With Alley out of the way I tried to wave the cat out but it looked seriously evil and I was too creeped out to touch it. I grabbed a near picture frame and from a distance pushed its booty a bit. Thankfully it jumped up and ran out of the room as I yelled "to the right!" It ran to the right and out the door! Whew! I am so glad it went the right direction.

I think we were all in a little shock and Alley would not stop sniffing the spot the intruder had been. It was quite the adventure! We all took a sigh of relief and laughed about it....then we shut the doors for the night. Ha!

On another note, KB and I are going camping for spring break. We are going to Devil's Den in the Ozarks in NW Arkansas. We are super excited! I will hopefully have lots of fun stories when we get back. Enjoy your break if you are having one!