And I thought the most exciting thing to happen to me on Thursday was my clumsiness of dropping my milk carton and a canister of sugar all over the kitchen floor. I was wrong!

Here is what the news says I witnessed:

Undercover Drug Buy Goes Bad

ABILENE -- A police undercover drug sting goes wrong Thursday night and ends up in a three crash in south Abilene.

According to police, undercover officers were attempting to make a marijuana purchase when the suspect fled in his Ford SUV. After a short pursuit, the drug suspect ran a red light at South 14th and Barrow and crashed into two bystander vehicles.

He then took off on foot, but was soon apprehended.

A woman whose car was struck was not seriously injured...but police were not sure about the extent of the injuries to the bystander in a truck.

Woah! It was an exciting evening. Here is what I remember:

I pulled up to the intersection, about 2 cars from the light and noticed 3 cars smashed into each other, with glass scattered all over the place. I could not see the cars well but I was looking to see if people were ok when a guy darted out from the cars and ran off. My thought was "oh no, he is running away because he doesn't have insurance or something." Ha. I knew I was wrong when this other guy wearing street clothes and a bullet proof vest that said POLICE over it chased after him holding his gun.

The first guy ran around the side of a building and then took off down the alley with the police guy following behind him. They ran right behind my car! As I am quite afraid of guns I wanted to see what was happening but I did not want to get shot either so I laid down in my car and watched from there. I probably looked pretty silly.

After that a number of other police cars pulled up to help manage the situation. They put another guy in handcuffs and made him sit down on the corner while they talked to the people who got hit. I guess they were ok, thankfully.

I had to sit at the light for quite a while before they would let us drive off. The crashed cars were in the way and just too much going on for them to care about getting us passed them so I just sat patiently, a little surprised at what I had just witnessed. Who knew Abilene could be so exciting!