My first two days in Chile have been pretty surreal. Ellen asked me when we got on the plane in Miami "do you feel like we are moving?" I said, "No, I don't really know what I feel." So much effort has been put to getting to Chile and now here we are. Really all I can do is take it one day at a time, slowly adjust and just take it all in. I could easily become sad, overwhelmed or excited at any moment. Really I just feel thankful and blessed by all the support and prayers from home and from all the help we are receiving here. The missionaries in Santiago are making our move here so much more smooth.

Miami airport, happy face.

On the plane, stressed faces. We strongly dislike the Miami airport, but we made it!

We have already eaten lots of good food, seen some beautiful places around the city, taken an evening stroll, visited Jumbo (grocery store) and talked a lot. I feel like I am already learning Spanish and culture but even more I am learning how much their is to learn. I think moving in with host families next week will be invaluable for learning and I am looking forward to that.

They have cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup! These are so important for many recipes and I did not expect to find them.

Excited about my hairdryer purchase. Very important.

Other ladies excited about their purchases as well. It was a successful first Jumbo trip. There will be many more to come.

The weather here is beautiful. It is summer time and the sun is warm, the sky is clear and the pollution is low enough that I can even see the Andes. Amazing! They are so huge! I have missed having mountains in my back yard. The homes do not have central air or heat but with the windows open, it is quite pleasant. In Texas we would be dying.

Eating empanadas at the feria (market). I could get used to this.

Enjoying the summer weather