Today I head down South. Today I leave for Chile. Can you believe it is finally here? On one hand it seems like today would never come but it also feels like it has come so fast. I am excited and scared and nervous all at the same time. We have been working so hard to come to this and now it has. God have mercy.

I had a wonderful Christmas holiday with my friends and family and it was a perfect way to send me off. I am so blessed and that is what I am focused on as I leave today. I have wondered what today would be like many many times, how I would feel, how I would act, what would happen and now it is finally happening. It's going ok. I feel very sad and very nervous but I am going. It may be stressful and tiring for a while but I can handle it.

I fit most of my important belongings in 5 suitcases

What I do know is that God has been faithful. I was fearful that I would experience a lot of anxiety this day and the days prior, but God has provided me (and those close to me) with peace that I know could only come from him and I give him the glory for this.

Driving to DFW to fly out the day before

Please pray that this peace continues and that is reaches to my teammates and all our families. This is what we want to do and where we want to go but that does not make leaving easy.

Spent the evening with the BFF- I gave her my scarf I have been working on for 2 years and she gave me a cute bracelet