I was also able to celebrate Christmas with my parents and teammates this year. My parents sent me a package in the mail and I ordered things for them online and had them shipped to them. On Christmas Eve day we got on Skype and opened gifts together. They were kid-less this year for the holidays as my brother and s-law were not able to be there either. It was actually quite funny opening gifts together on Skype so of course I had to take a few pictures.



Our team also had our first real Christmas together (not counting Christmas in July). We drew names for Secret Santa so we would all have gifts to open but didn't have to buy for everyone. It was really fun and I think everyone enjoyed giving and receiving. For food, we decided to embrace the summer time feel around here and had a yummy summer meal of BBQ brisket, fresh corn, watermelon, deviled eggs, potato salad and cherry pie. I also could not resist making fudge and peanut butter balls. It just is not Christmas without those sweets.

Ellen and I with the shirts we got

We had a good time eating and opening gifts. We also participated in a Christmas craft of making ornaments and wreaths (all ideas gotten off of Pinterest of course). Then we concluded the evening with some traditional cooking decorating. Mmmm it was a yummy and fun night!