I am always up for new cultural experiences here in Chile and last night was a great chance for that. I feel like I have gotten to know Chilean food pretty well but there seems to always be something new to try. Our friend Jorge wanted to make sure we had all tried the typical Chilean sandwich called Chacarero, which he considers his specialty, so last night he had all of us and other friends over.


As you can see from the pictures, the Chacarero is probably unlike any other sandwich you have ever had because one of the main ingredients is green beans! It is put together on a bun with thinly sliced steak, tomatoes, green beans and aji (the common Chilean pepper which I passed on). Now I am not a huge green bean fan but I went into it knowing what I would be eating and I was pleasantly surprised. It was not only tolerable, but I would say it was good. Who knew!


What a great night including sweet friends, beautiful weather, great conversation and a new and interesting food. I love my life!