I went home to Houston for an extended weekend, meaning Thursday till Tuesday, and had a wonderful time. A lot happened and most would be boring to my readers so here are some of the highlights.

1. On the way to Houston I got to spend the night with my grandparents which is always an adventure!

2. I had a wonderful, uplifting evening with my friend Jeremy and we got to see some of the exciting sights in the Woodlands. This consisted of yummy food, a musical fountain and ginormous houses that we half coveted half criticized.

3. Saw Wall-E!!!! And I loved it! So cute and funny and also has a great message about the earth and getting fat! :)

4. SURPRISE PARTY!!! This was the real reason for the weekend trip and it was a total success. It was in celebration of my parent's 30th Anniversary and they had NO CLUE! It was so fun. We got all their friends together and some yummy food and played a game to see who knew my parents and our family the best.

5. Went to my home church. It always brings such mixed feelings but it is fun to see some people I have known forever and to meet some new ones too!

6. Hung out with my brother and sister-in-law and their dog Lucy. Yea!

7. Wrote a paper. Blah! Why do I procrastinate?

8. Got chased by the bug man! No really! A lovely thing that comes along with the humidity in Houston is mosquitoes. What does the city do to take care of it? They have people drive around the neighborhoods and spray bug poison! It is probably human poison too though so we try to avoid it. But my parents and I went for a walk one night and we heard the humming of the truck coming closer and closer and then we saw him turn the corner to face us. We went back the other way and I actually saw my parents run! We made it back to the house just in time. Whew! I could not stop laughing. It was like a corny horror movie.

Those are the highlights. I had a great time. Now I have a week and a half till my next adventure to Fort Worth to see the BFF's and then on to Kerville to hang out on the river for a week with the fam. Cant wait! In the week and a half I have to read a book, write another paper and MOVE, all that on top of working, cleaning houses and trying to make use of my YMCA membership. What am I doing sitting here blogging? I gotta go!

Above: The culprits of the surprise party!

Below: The family + Lucy! See my parents awesome shirts?!?!