So I just had a wonderful day today. Nothing huge happened and most of it may not seem too exciting but it was and all of it together made for a great Wednesday. School started on Monday and I had 2 classes then that I think will be great. Today I woke up for my 8am class and enjoyed taking my time to get ready and drink some coffee and made it to class. I think it is going to be my favorite class. The people are great and so is the teacher and I am excited to learn from them all. The books sound super interesting and really helpful for missions. We are also doing these debates which I hate arguing but the topics are pretty hot topics in missions and I think I will learn a lot from them.

After class I went to chapel and it was great to be back there. I headed home for lunch and spent the afternoon doing some internet stuff (we have internet, yea!) and reading for my class that is not until Monday. Yes ladies and gents I did something ahead of time AND in the afternoon. I am going to try really hard this semester to use my free afternoons to study instead of farting around so that I can have my evenings to spend with people. Today was a test and I passed!

Later my roomie came home and we went to Wed. night church at Hope. I cannot tell you the last time I went to Wed. night church. I debated staying home but thought it would be good for me. I have been questioning whether I should stick with Hope or not but then I had a very encouraging Sunday and wanted to see the people who encouraged me again. And I did! The service was fun and different. We had a mixer type activity which seems totally high school but I am just itching to get to know people so it was great to talk and share about ourselves. What was even greater was that the preacher said this is what church should be more like and I totally agree! I love when churches have the courage to try new things. Sometimes they don't work but we get so stuck in the same mold and anything that can help is super. I am also really excited about some new friends I am making!

After church me and roomie and friend walked to the grocery store (I LOVE being able to walk to the store) and got some rationings to make hummus! I LOVE HUMMUS! While at the store a miracle happened. A little back story might help.

I went to the store yesterday and got some yogurt. I got the big thing of yogurt and it was plain non-fat. I have been trying different types and thought this one sounded like it might be good with blueberries or something. WRONG! I tried it today and it tasted gross! I guess I need some of that sugar that comes along with the vanilla flavor.

To add to the story, (for you Abilenites you will know what I am talking about so forgive my description) our grocery store is playing this scratch off game that you can win prizes if you scratch of 3 of the same picture. I won once but it was for something I didn't like. Most people don't like to scratch it off but I enjoy it. All my roommates give me theirs and I never win but I still get a tiny thrill. Usually the prize is just $1.00 which is silly because you have to send it in so you really only get like $.68 cents or something. But tonight was different.

I got the scratch off and as usual I scratched off the prize first to see what was as stake. You will not believe what it was. YOGURT! And not just any yogurt but low-fat vanilla. Mmmmmmmm! The pressure was on. Even the check out lady was nervous for me. I scratched one off, took my time and scratched the second and then the third and I WON!!!! I was so excited! So I ran (literally) to the back of the store and got my prize. FOR FREE! How great is that.

After this triumph we walked back home, made delicious hummus and watched a super funny/cute/strange movie. It was called Lars and the Real Girl . Thanks to Kelli for the movie (she shared her Netflix, isn't that nice!). So a group of us enjoyed the wonderful movie while we could not keep from mmmm-ing over the hummus and hummus accessories.

Is that a great day or what!!!

Oh yea and Wes came back from Africa. Hooray! Cant wait to hang out with everyone this weekend.