It's pomegranate season! I ate my first one today (actually only half) and it was wonderful. As soon as I cut into it juice flowed out and almost every little seed/fruit thingy was juicy and delicious! I have been looking forward to pomegranate season for a while now and was very excited the other day when they came out at our store.

I had my first pomegranate almost a year ago when I moved back to Abilene. It was short course week before school started and I spent a lot of time around the house hanging out with my new roommates. I think it was Shannon and Shannon that introduced me and I loved them!

They are somewhat difficult to eat, and sometimes the seeds shoot out of your fingers across the room but I love them. They are sweet and juicy and have an interesting flavor.

Looking for an image I found out such interesting "facts" on Wikipedia. First, they are super healthy! They are thought to fight heart disease and cancer. Also, they are Biblical!! They are mentioned in Exodus as being a part of the priestly robes and in 1 Kings as being a part of the temple. Apparently, they are thought to be a symbol of righteousness because they have 613 seeds just like there are 613 commandments in the Torah. They are also known as a Christan symbol as well.

Who knew I was eating such a healthy, holy fruit. I just thought it was yummy and interesting to eat! :)