Each day this week I have done new things I have never done before. I am like Ross on Friends and his New Years resolution...except that none of them have really been with that in mind, they just happened.

Today I voted. I'm 24 and never voted before you are asking. Nope, I have voted before but just not in this way. My first election was for Governor of Texas and I early voted and it was a paper ballot. The presidential election 4 years ago I did absentee because I was in Abilene and I voted in my precinct in Houston. That was before I realized how easy it was to change where you voted. So this year I registered to vote in Abilene. The lines were short and it was electronic w/ a little wheely thing. When did they start that? I thought it was pretty cool except that I did a write in vote so it took a little while to spin out their names. I'm very interested to see who wins. I know the person I voted for sure won't but at least I feel good about it.

Yesterday I got a flu shot. That was a first as well. I probably have not had the flu since Jr. High but last semester my roomie got the flu and I was so nervous and paranoid because I do not have time to be out for a week. And now I live in an even smaller house so I know that soon our immune systems will be down and if anyone of us gets sick I probably would too. So I found the cheapest place in town and went for it. It was super easy and so far the only side effect has been a sore left arm. My mom said she never gets sick from it but Ellen did so I was a little nervous. I pumped myself full of vitamin C yesterday so maybe that helped. So this is a trial run. I am hoping my flu free streak will continue.

Sunday I made a slight fool of myself. Now that is not something new but it was in a new silly way. Luckily only Kelli witnessed it but I thought I would share anyways. KB and I were going for a walk Sunday evening after church. We have become very aware of the cats around our house lately because our cat has been making friends/enemies/becoming the Godfather of them. As we left the house the cat I call white paws was hunched over in the street having a stand off with another cat across the street. I ran at them yelling "black river of death" and they ran off. I call the road the "black river of death" because it is a very dangerous place for little cats and they need to learn.

KB and I walked a little further on, turned the corner to head towards campus and there was another cat in the middle of the road. At first I questioned whether it was a cat or not but then it moved so I was sure. Even more dramatic than the time before I ran at the cat yelling "black river of death," but I should have stuck with my first instinct. It was an empty chip bag. Wow did I feel dumb. KB and I laughed for a long time!

That's all for now. What will I come up with next!