I left Abilene today to begin my Christmas travels. I headed to the DFW area to hang out with a few different friends. The first one, Mer, flew in from Nashville to visit various friends and since our time happened to overlap I got to be one of those friends. Our visits in DFW are always interesting since neither of us know our way around or where is best to meet but we had great success this time. We began by having a wonderful Mexican lunch, browsed a book store and then found a very exciting treat. I just happened to be browsing the names of stores in a strip mall and "what to my wondering eyes should appear," but an...
Me and Mer were so thrilled! We both studied abroad in Uruguay and spent time in Argentina and since that is where I did an internship I could not have been more thrilled to step into that world for a few moments. The woman who waited on us was from Mendoza and had the most beautiful Argentine accent. 
The pastries were beautiful and most of the full or covered with Dulce de Leche. I was such a dork taking pictures and acting like a complete tourist.
Mer and I enjoyed some wonderful Cafe con Leche and I had an alfahore and a medialuna. The coffee was so great and so were the treats. We were both just bubbling with excitement, reliving our South American experiences. There was a shelf full of Mate and other Argentine goodies and Spanish speaking people kept coming in and out. It was a wonderful way to spend time with Mer.
It was a blustery, snowy day and Mer and I had a blast. I was sad it had to be so short, but better than nothing. Come visit me in Abilene Mer! Now I am hanging out in the BFF's apartment, enjoying her heat, DVR and sweet dog, waiting for her to come home. What a blessed day!

Where will my Christmas travels bring me next? Check back soon to find out!