So I have been growing my hair out for a while now. I never expected it to get this long so I don't remember exactly when I made the decision but it was sometime early Spring of 07. My roommate at the time, Tamara, also had short hair and could never grow it out so we made a deal. We both began to grow our hair out. I am pretty sure I made it way longer than her!

Pre-cut pictures- thanks Kelli

I decided about a year ago that I wanted to donate my hair. I was so sure I was going to do it last summer but then I chickened out. It would have been really really short! So I kept growing and have actually become quite fond of my long curly hair. Once it started to get long, Kate from Lost became my inspiration. She had such beautiful, long, brown, curly hair and I wanted mine to look like hers!

It is so crazy long, and even longer when not curly

I finally decided a few months ago that it was time to chop it off. It was getting so long and stringy and was driving me crazy. My pony tail got so heavy that it started to give me headaches. I was constantly messing with it and messing it up because it was getting in my way. So I made an appointment for the day after I was done with school. It was my reward.

It does not seem like that much when you see it like this. I sent it off so I hope someone in need gets a good wig out of it!

I got it cut from this lady who is known as the curly hair expert in Abilene. This was a huge step for me because my last trim came from my roommate, and before that (like 2 years before) I had just gone to the cheap places like Great Clips or whatever I could find. But I thought since I was getting such a drastic cut I should go to someone who was really good. And she was! She did a great job.

There it is!!

So now I have my new summer do and I love it! It is short, but not as short as I have gone in the past. It is nicely layered and I am trying some new curly hair tricks she taught me.

All gone! I love it!

As I was telling my friend Mandy I got my hair cut she reminded me of a past cut. I wanted to go short (I think I was a Jr. in high school). Meg Ryan was my inspiration. So I took her picture in and I truly believe the lady cut it as close to Meg's as she could but we just did not have the same hair type. I stayed strong while in the salon (because I have never been able to tell the hair cut people when I am not happy with the cut. I just suck it up) and as we walked out but then I saw Mandy. We were in the mall and she obviously noticed the difference and said something and I burst into tears! I hated it!!!

I eventually grew into it and really liked it but decided I looked like a boy so I grew it back out. It took me a long time to forgive Meg. I seriously did not want to watch her movies for a long time because of that cut. That is only one of my hair stories. I have kinda crazy hair that has changed over the years so it never gets boring!!!
I think this is the actual picture I took in