So I think I will tell a few stories at a time of our trip and post pictures to go along with them instead one long huge ginormous post. Let's start at the beginning. This story really has nothing to do with the things we experience on our trip, but it sure was funny.

We flew Lan Chile airlines from Miami to Santiago and Santiago to Conce. Is is a super nice airline with beautiful flight attendants, yummy food, unlimited drinks and the most high tech airplane TV screens I have ever seen. I had 3 seats to myself so when I got so tired I could not keep my eyes open I laid down and got a few hours of sleep. One of the sweet flight attendants came by and covered me up with a blanket.

We were supposed to land around 7am and it was still really dark outside. In Spanish the announcer said we were landing in 25 min. and in English they said 55 min. So Chad, trusting his English and not being able to see got up to use the restroom. They made an announcement for everyone to stay in their seats but crazy Chad was in the bathroom when we landed the plane! I think the flight staff was not too happy.

The region Conce is in is called Bio Bio because of the Bio Bio river that runs through it

Then it was my turn. We were taxiing around at like 1 mph for what seemed like forever. I was getting nervous about the super short layover in Santiago where we had to get through customs super fast and I got nervous pee and HAD to go. I knew I would not have time to potty while in the airport so, while still taxiing I got up. They announced for everyone to sit down and then a flight attendant came and pounded on the door until I got out. I said nothing while she was pounding because I had no clue how to say "I'm peeing" in Spanish. I hurried up and she was NOT happy when I came out. She stood over me until I put my seat belt on. I could not say anything!

Waiting in Santiago after running through the airport to find our flight delayed

I think they were happy when we got off the plane. I am sure they thought we were just stupid Americans who thought we could do whatever we wanted. Really I just have to pee a lot.

We made it to Conce!! Brr it was cold!

We got into the airport and had to pay a tax and then went through customs. Ellen had a banana and she got in trouble. Fran had nuts and she got in trouble. Some scammers took our luggage and "helped" us run through the airport and get checked in. When I gave them a few dollar tip they told me it was not enough!!! We gave them a little more and left. We got in the security line and I did not have my boarding pass so we had to go back and get another. Rushing to the gate it turned out that our flight was delayed and we made it just fine. Whew!