That is right, folks. I completed my Masters degree this past Saturday and it could not feel better. I have been done with school stuff for a couple of months now but it is even better to know that I am completely done and that now I have my Masters. I have my Masters!! That is so crazy. I never would have thought I would do this and although it was hard I am glad I pushed through.

Me and the Padres

The weekend was a lot of fun. A number of my family members came in to celebrate with me and I really enjoyed that. Saturday was filled with graduation type things and also lots of time to talk and eat yummy food.

My aunt and I at one of the best burger places in town

The actual graduation was more enjoyable than I expected. I got to sit with many of my friends and saw them all graduate also. We had front row seats and listened to the best graduation speech I have ever heard. Great job Dr. Money!

Me and the brother and s-law

My aunt asked me if there was anything that went wrong that was behind the scenes that the audience could not tell. I told her no but later I found out I was wrong. Apparently the lady who hooded all of us Masters students put our hoods on upside down. Now who actually knows hoods well enough to know which was is up and which way is down, I am not sure but she did it wrong. I was concentrating so hard on smiling, not tripping, shaking hands and taking my diploma that I was not really aware of what was going on as I walked across the stage and down the stairs. I do seem to remember people at the bottom fixing my hood but I just thought it was crooked. Oh well! No harm done!

Me and my mentor/professor/friend Chris

Hooding...such a strange tradition...

On Sunday after graduation we got to cook breakfast for my mom for mothers day. We all crowded into my little house and had yummy carrot cake pancakes! Mmm! It was a wonderful weekend and I am so thankful I got to celebrate it with my friends and family.

The kids with the mom and aunt...and dog

I cannot tell you how many pics we have of the family laying on hotel beds. It is practically a tradition!