I saw Avatar for the first time last night. I know I am behind the times but I just never got around to it despite all the good things I heard. By the time it came out on DVD I didn't want to see it because I knew it would not be as good at home as it was in the theater, but last night I was swayed by the nice TV and blue ray player and all my friends who had already seen it multiple times wanting me to see it.

So I gave in and I really enjoyed it. As most people said, it was very pretty. The colors were beautiful and I love colorful things. I really loved that orange dragon. It looked amazing! I also enjoyed the story of how the Avatars connect with the earth. I feel that way sometimes and although my connection comes from God and I do not plug my hair into anything, I can kind of relate.

All of the characters were great and I especially enjoyed seeing Ana Lucia (I don't know her real name). She was fun to watch.. I also was really impressed with the acting by the main blue girl. It was her acting right and not just computers? I think it had to be because she was way too realistic to not have a human character behind her. When she (and her mom) cried and wailed I cried too because I could feel their pain.

I know some people felt like environmentalism was being crammed down their throats but oh well. Those Avatars had a beautiful planet to protect and they were being attacked. Now I really hate war in all circumstances so I did not really like that any of them had to fight but it was just a movie with blue people so I need to get over that.

I am not sure that I had a favorite part but I did really connect with a part my teammate Mer told me about and that affected her vision for Concepcion. It is when they all surround the Jake and put their hands on him and although not everyone is touching them they are all connected through someone else. Beautiful image.

I could go on and on about what I liked and what I didn't like but I will just end it here. It was a great movie, not without its flaws, but a great movie and I was surprised how easy it was to connect with these blue people despite their strange blueness. Great job James Cameron.