Look at those beautiful fruits and veggies! Aren't they amazing!!!! I was so thrilled to find such yummy produce, grown by local farmers.

I had been to the local farmers market once, last summer with Kelli, and had not been back since, although I always intended to. I had a good experience then, getting okra and frying it for the first time. It was so yummy!

So the other day my teammate Sara mentioned that she wanted to go to the farmers market and we agreed that we should do it sometime. Then, on Wednesday night, I was talking with Nancy at dinner and she was saying what great blackberries she had gotten at it on Tuesday and I was inspired.

I called Sara that night and we made plans to go the next morning. It opens at 7am and I was not sure if there would be a rush and all the good stuff would be gone so I wanted to get there early, but not too early. We got there a little before 8am and there was tons of selection left. There tons of different kinds of squash, lots of onions and tomatoes and all sorts of other produce.

We surveyed our options and then made our purchases. I wish I could have bought more but I need to see if I can finish what I bought in this round before I get more. Luckily, I got to share my c antelope, berries and tomatoes with friends on Saturday so that helped me make a dent.

The farmers selling their produce were so sweet and cute. Most of them wrinkly old men with baseball caps that looked like they had spent some serious time outside, working the land. I was so impressed and I cannot wait to go back.

I tried to find a website for you local readers to get information from but I could not find one so if you ever want to go it is Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays starting at 7am. You should check it out!

Haha, here is my blog from last summer, amazingly also entitled Farmers Market.