The journey from Houston, TX to Falls Church, VA was a long one. It took us 3 days to arrive and this included two hotel stays, 30 hours in the car, crossing through 7 states, countless bathroom stops, many GPS references, and some pretty bad food along the way to get there, but it was worth it.

Most of the drive was beautiful and we enjoyed a short time on the Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park at the end for a hike and pretty drive. I loved the beautiful trees in Mississippi and the rolling hills and mountains through Tennessee and Virginia. I never knew what this part of the country looked like.

I am excited to be here in the DC/Falls Church area. I had a good weekend getting to visit with many people from the church and I drove my parents to the airport today to send them back to Texas. The adventure begins!!

Some not-so-green salads in Tuscaloosa, Alabama- we did not have to pay

The view my dad had of the mountains

Me on the AT- I could not help but think of Bill Bryson

Resting our weary selves in the beauty of the Appalachian Mts.

Drinking Inca Kola at a Peruvian resturant in Virginia- do they drink this in Peru I wonder?