Moving day for me has come very quickly over the last few days and I cannot believe that it is tomorrow. I am moving to Concepcion, my dream, and I am nervous/excited. I cannot believe we have been here long enough that it is time to move on. It has gone by fast and now it is time for the next phase, which begins with finding a place to live.

Friday, I move down with all my things in a rented mini-van and only faith and hope that I will find a place to live quickly. I have some friends to stay with but I will be happy to have my own place so that I can finally settle here. I am trying to see all the tasks ahead of me as fun instead of intimidating. It can be scary to buy so many things for my house all at once, especially the big electronics, but it also is super fun that I get to set up my house now how I want it so that I can use it as a tool to get to know people. I dream of the day I can invite Chileans over to share a meal and to accomplish that dream I first need to buy a fridge and some dishes. Baby steps.

I must admit though that I am a little more sad to leave Santiago than I thought I would be. This city has grown on me. I love how alive it is and how at every turn I am finding a new store, new cafe, or new activity that just adds to the wonderfulness of the city and my neighborhood. I love where I live. I am only blocks from the center of the city, only blocks from the major fruit and fish market, and surrounded by great places to eat. There is a beautiful park only a few blocks away that I love running and walking in and just observing the people. I am not going to miss the pollution that is giving me a cough though.

I am also going to miss the sweet friends I have made here. I used to doubt that I could make Chilean friends and now I know that I can. I just need friends who are patient and will correct my grammar.

So tomorrow I will be saying goodbye to Santiago and hello to Concepcion. Please keep me in your prayers for safe travel, that I can find a home quickly, and for a smooth transition.

Here I come!