Well I dont mean to be a downer but I need to share one of the negative realities of being a missionary. Missing out. I now have my life here and it is great and moving along, but also life back in the US continues on without me. I know you must be thinking "duh Deanna, did you think it would not?" And of course I knew it would, but it is still an adjustment from knowing that life would move on to it actually happening and me watching from afar.

Friends have babies, family gets together, friends get engaged and married, people move to new cities, people loose jobs. I am not there to experience any of that with them and sometimes it just stinks. I know I made the decision to come here and I would not give that up, but that does not make the hard times any easier. I wish I could be there with my friends and family during important things. I guess it is mainly a selfish desire because I know they will get along fine without me, but I want to be there to experience it all with them. We are told mission work is difficult and requires great sacrifices but also is so rewarding and worth all the work. I am beginning to see those rewards but that does not make the sacrifices hurt any less.