Well my 2 weeks of birthday celebrations are officially over. I don't think I have ever had a b-day last so long. Before sharing what went on I would like to reminisce a bit about memorable past b-days starting with last year.

For my 23rd bday my friend Jeremy and I went camping. It was only a little bit after my knee surgery so I had to be careful but we did some hiking, some night hiking, and invented a few games of our own including Orange catch and knock the apple off the log. That's what happens when you forget cards. It was totally chill and a blast!

See the apple? It was hard!

Before the night hike. See my head lamp?

For my 20th bday I was studying abroad in Uruguay. Those of you who do not know much about S. America it is nothing like Mexico and the food is nothing like Mexican food. We heard there was one Mexican food place in town so we searched it out and found it! I remember the food as pretty good for Uruguayan Mexican food and I got to wear a Sombrero. After we went to the bus stop and waited, and waited, and waited but no bus ever showed up. We were watching our watches anxiously because if we did not make it back for curfew we would have to sleep on the street for the night. Finally we gave up on the bus and tracked town a cab. We told him rapido and I think that was the fasted cab ride I have ever had. We made it home just in time!

Wow I looked so dorky back then. Remember the cool initial shirts?

Ok well I could go on for a LONG time because I had super cool bdays as a kid. I don't have pics for those though. Just picture my dad sitting on the swing set and letting us throw water balloons at him!

This year my parents came up the weekend before my bday because the weekend of I had a ton going on plus a paper to write. So we hung out, ate at Abuellos, played on the trampoline, opened gifts, planted some plants, and saw Leatherheads. Almost every year for my bday (minus the two I shared about) I have had a cookie cake instead of real cake since I don't like it so much. This year was no different.


The next weekend, my actual bday weekend about 10 of us girls in the GST program dressed up, had a potluck dinner and went to an ACU theater production. It was a blast to hang out with them and be girly. I look forward to more times like that. On my actual bday I studied and then went to a dinner for all grad students. It was out at this restaurant in the country with beautiful bluebonnets that Rachel and I took pics in. It was a beautiful night!


And last, this weekend my BFF came to town. We watched LOST together, along with Wes, Ellen and Reid (awesome episode as usual), hung out, ran errands, watched Enchanted (that she got me for my bday), ate some good food and laid on the trampoline and looked at the stars. It was another wonderful weekend. I am so lucky to have so many people who love me. Thanks for everyone who called me or sent me a message.

Now it is serious paper writing time. I have less than two weeks until my first semester of grad school is over. I am excited but I have a TON to do. I probably will not write until it is over.