These are some random thoughts I had while sitting in the airport on my way to and from DC:

--There is something exciting and sneaky about driving around town at 3:30am. It always makes me smile no matter how tired I am.

--I love the smell of pretzels baking...even at 4am.

--As I was blow-drying my hair in the airport bathroom a lady walked in and said "wow, you are prepared. You must do this a lot." I felt proud!

--Airports are the best place to people watch. So many coming and going, doing interesting things, wearing interesting clothes, reading interesting books and saying funny things. And what better time to appreciate this than when you have nothing better to do but take it all in.

--How in the world do planes not crash into each other more than they do with so many flying around, taking off and landing.

--Is is appropriate to ask the girl sitting next to me what country she is from if I can tell she is not from the US? I always like to be asked when I am a visitor but maybe I am strange.

--I am 25 years old and still get motion sickness. Bleh!

--There is a girl crying and I wish I could give her a hug and see if she needs to talk.

--I wish I could go around and ask everyone where they are going and why!

--How do planes work exactly? Sometimes it freaks me out to trust so much in technology that I do not understand....like the internet...