It is nearing the end of my first full week back in Abilene and things are going well. I was afraid I might be bored or not have enough to do but that will not be the case. Thanks to Google Calendar and sticky-note to-do lists I have plenty to be working on and I am excited about it all.

One of the highlights of this week has been Spanish class! Yea!!! It has been a while since I have had any form of Spanish training to this was an exciting step. Wes, Ellen and I are in one class and Chad and Reid are in another class and it is...interesting.

The professor is stern but quirky and he makes me laugh. He speaks very clearly and I can usually understand what he is saying which is a relief. I hope that I am a good auditor and really spend time studying and taking the class seriously. I know most auditors tend to drop off throughout the semester but this is really important to me and I want to learn as much Spanish as possible now.

Hola, me llamo Dee. Soy de Texas. Me gusta ir al cine, comiendo helado y mirando futbol Americano. Tengo muchos gran amigos y un gran familia.

The rest of my weeks are going to be spent working for Worldwide Witness, studying Spanish, researching Chile, meeting with my teammates, working on our visions and dreams and plan of action for our work. I also am looking at various places around town that I can volunteer and finding as many was as possible to be involved and serving at church.

This is going to be an interesting semester and it is going to take some time to get used to but I am really looking forward to it. Many people think this is just a goof-off semester for me and as fun as some of it may be, I am also taking it and the support from A&M very seriously. This is a crucial time for our team's formation and I hope to take every moment as a blessing from God.

Grad school took a lot out of me and I am relieved to be moving on and getting to do what I really want to do: pour my life into the lives of others and love them as much as I can.