I had a super fun Friday night this past weekend. My friend Jeremy had a bunch of people over to his house for a pot-luck meal of international foods. I must brag that the food everyone brought was delicious and the Chilean salsa I made was awesome. Thank you, thank you.

We did the usual dinner party thing and sat around and talked for a long time. I got to meet some new people, catch up with old friends and laugh a lot. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. Let me introduce you to two of them.




This is Penny (left) and Carol (right) and they are my sweet friends. We met only last semester in the GST program but I have loved getting to know them, talking about God with them and sharing yummy food together.

The rest of the evening was spent playing video games. Now I am not much of a video game player. I cannot do Mario or Halo or even Rock Band. I just have no skills and I have come to accept that about myself. I do not mind watching others play because I grew up watching my brother play Sonic the Hedgehog but if you want to get past level two in just about any game you better not play with me.

Having said that, I LOVE playing with the Wii. I love Wii Sport, Wii Fit, Mario Cart...I guess that is all I have ever done, that is until this weekend. I discovered Wii Dance. I have never done DDR but it is not the same thing because there is not a mat you step on. The movement comes from your arms and body while you hold the controller thingy.

When I heard there was a dance game I was pretty sure I would not be joining in on that fun. I cannot dance and I especially avoid situations where other people watch me dance. And yet, I got sucked in. I really got into it and had a blast. I was jumping all over the place and getting a really good workout. To really do well you have to move a lot and I was determined to do well. It was so fun and I could have done it for hours if it was not so tiring.

Looking back I am a little embarrassed at how much I got into the dancing. My arms were pumping, my legs were flying, and my hips were even moving a bit. I might have gotten a little too much into it but I got so zoned into the dancing character I was supposed to mimic that I forgot to worry about how goofy I looked. To those present, I apologize...and yet I don't because that was me just being silly me and I loved it.

Thanks for a fun evening friends and for the good work out. I was sore afterward!