My wonderful church here in Abilene, Hope, had a mini-retreat this past Saturday night. We met at the church for the evening and had some very uplifting time of praise and silence together. I enjoyed every aspect of it and am so thankful for all the hard work that was put into it. I could go into detail but what I really want to tell you about is the art project that we worked on as part of our worship and time focused on Christ.

The whole wall- I love that our church is decorated with homemade art

I love the bright, beautiful sun and all the colors

Our church leaders are so talented

We had excellent direction from a fellow Hoper and artist. She had a vision for our projects but gave us so much freedom to express ourselves and express how we were thinking and feeling about Christ that evening. I typically do not think of myself as an artsy person but I really got into this, enjoyed it and felt like I did a pretty good job.

If you know this girl, this one just looks like her, including the orange and green

Are you a real artist? I think so!

Keep scrolling to see the amazing job everyone did! I was so proud and just loved seeing how diverse everyone's work was. There is so much color and joy and life in this art and I just had to share some of it. If any of you who get posted read my blog, I hope this is ok.

Such a good sport you are

Great job!

Our materials for this art is cardboard as our canvas and newspaper for texture and watercolor paint and sharpie markers.

Beautiful girl and beautiful art

My amazing roommate and her unique piece

Look at those awesome colors and reaching branches

Tada! I love the rose!

And here is mine!