I had a really great birthday this year. It was stretched out over a few days and it was full of fun. My parents came in for the weekend and that is always a good thing. We just hung out, ate yummy food, opened gifts and got ready for my party. One of the best gifts I got was a harmonica. Isn't that cool! I had talked to my mom about wanting an instrument to learn when I move and that a piano would be cool but it expensive and that I thought a harmonica would be fun. To my surprise, she remembered and got me one. Look out! I may have found my calling. :)

Already jammin'

The party was supposed to be outside at the park but since it was raining we crammed everyone into my tiny house and had a cozy, good time. We grilled burgers, ate a ton of yummy food, played games, did the hula hoop and laughed a lot. Thanks to everyone who came and made it a great time.

Fiesta!

Who doesn't love a good game of Jenga

I think the highlight of the party for me and my guests was swingball. If you have never heard of or played swingball you need to look it up. My family has been playing for quite a while and my parents brought it with them so we could play. Everyone liked it so much they even played in the sprinkling rain!

The famous cookie cake

So that was the weekend before my birthday. My actual birthday was on Tuesday so we got to weave celebrating in and out of everything we did for Team Tuesday. There was a special message written to me in our breakfast casserole and an amazing dinner followed by LOST. The dinner included homemade ice cream and cobbler. Yum! Thanks team!

On Wednesday, I had moved on and was not even thinking about my birthday anymore. I was going about my day and was not able to go to my mentoring group because of a little passport emergency for some of the interns I work with in my job. I was running around campus getting things taken care of and I just happened to have a moment to check my email. This is what I saw:

They had brought a cake for me and I did not show up!! Have you ever seen such sad faces! As soon as I got this I jumped on my bike and sped over to Chris' house. They had already eaten half the cake but they re-lit the candles for me. It was so sweet and funny. They are the best.

Thanks to everyone for celebrating with me!!