I could not stand to have another Easter where because I am not close to my family I do not celebrate and eat yummy food so I had my own Easter lunch. I invited my church family over and we had a wonderful time.


It was a beautiful spring day and I cooked an awesome ham. I was a little nervous about cooking a ham because it seems like a big task that could go wrong and spoil the whole event but I was brave and went for it. I made a yummy glaze and set that baby to cooking. To my surprise it turned out really well, everyone loved it and now I have an awesome ham bone to cook soup with (any recipe suggestions?).


Along with my ham my wonderful friends all brought some scrumptious sides. We had everything you could want and more plus yummy desserts. We are getting really good at this potluck thing and I am loving it.


We also had to participate in a silly Easter tradition that I do not know where it came from: dying Easter eggs. We had the hard boiled eggs, the food coloring, the crayons and even glitter! I think our egg dying skills could use a little work but they turned out very cute and even more important we had a lot of fun. I felt like a little kid and really enjoyed myself.



Thanks to everyone who came over. I had a great time and loved spending Easter and celebrating the resurrection of Christ with each of you.