The Pioneer Woman today gave a list of 10 things she has learned about blogging, one of them being do it regularly, even if you don't feel like you have much to say. Tonight I don't feel like I have much to say. I have a lot on my mind but that does not mean anyone would want to read about it. The little cursor is blinking at me, challenging me to type something...anything...whenever I am ready...here it comes...

It has been a while since I have been the "new kid in town" but now I remember why I always try so hard to make people feel included when they are new. It is tough being new. Not that everyone here is not nice or welcoming or anything because they TOTALLY are, but it is not the same as when I am the regular kid in town. I like being the regular kid. It is easier.

I better get over wanting to be the regular real quick though and be ok with being the new kid because the next year+ of my life is going to be about being new. I am new here in Virginia, I will be new in Santiago and I will be new in Conce. I am ok with all of those things but I dream about being a regular in Conce.

A regular here, eating fruit, chatting with the salesman

A regular here, waving to those I know passing by

I dream about going to the grocery store down the street and knowing the people that work there. I am excited about having a usual place I eat at or drink tea at where I am known and I know others. I can't wait to get to know my neighbors and being the interesting foreign friend next door instead of the new girl who doesn't know anything. I look forward to running through the park and waving at the old man or the woman and her baby that I pass by everyday.

A regular here, no explanation needed

A regular here, see the tennis rackets?

I pray these dreams come quickly, but also that I am open and ready to learn from being the new girl. I try very hard to live in the moment and enjoy where I am at instead of always looking for something better, so until I am a regular in Conce I will attempt to thrive at being the new girl and see what I can learn!

A regular here, praying over the city

Hopefully not a regular on this route :)