This week has been full of meeting with various ladies of the church and I enjoyed it greatly. I decided last weekend that I needed to start asking people if I could spend time with them and this wonderful week is a result of that.

Monday: Attended a Bible study at a homeless shelter for women with 3 women from church. I was amazed and how much the homeless women desired to study God's word and to share their struggles.

Tuesday: Had a lovely evening with a lovely lady and she cooked a lovely dinner for us. We talked for a couple of hours and I really enjoyed getting to know her.

Wednesday: Ventured to a new area of town to a free Spanish conversation class and was joined by a lady from church who also wants to learn Spanish. We were very impressed with the class and I was glad to have someone to experience it with.

Thursday: Joined a lady from church on a trip to one of the military bases in the area. We worked out at the gym (where I pumped some iron), went to the PX and the commissary (I use those terms as if I know what they mean) for groceries and stopped by the Air Force Memorial. I love joining someone for their daily routine or running errands and I loved this also.

Friday: Went to lunch with some ladies at the Officers Club at the base. I had to put on my best manners and remember how to properly cut my meat but I had a wonderful time chatting and laughing and eating yummy food. They were so sweet to me and I felt so welcome.

Friday Night: Braved the Metro alone to have dinner with a friend from Abilene who lives here now. I thoroughly enjoyed my traveling experiences (the Metro is a great place to people watch), my time with her, and our delicious homemade dinner.

Thanks for a great week ladies!!