Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season and a beautiful day of celebration and family. My Christmas day is a small, simple one but I am enjoying the slow day. In preparation for Christmas I have participated an many of my regular Christmas traditions. Here are a few of them.

Getting our Christmas tree. We used to cut them down at a farm but those days have past. As I always say, "it is the best Christmas tree ever!"

Spending time with life-long friends I do not get to see often enough.

Cookin' yummy food in the kitchen.

Playing Wii. This is a new tradition but it has become a regular activity of our holidays.

Hanging our Christmas cards. My mom has done this since before I can remember. She loves displaying her cards. Another point to note, it is warm enough in Houston to wear shorts. Or it was that day at least. Gotta love the first day of winter being 80+ degrees!

Starting the fireplace with the leaf blower. Something about the cold air being heavy and pushing the smoke into the house. I don't know but it happens every year and always makes me laugh. This is actually from today so thankfully it is a cool Christmas day here now.

Every holiday season has its traditions and it's peculiarities that are not expected but enjoyed. Here are a few new additions to my holidays.

Me hanging out with a huge metal rooster.

Searching for a cat around the house and finding her looking down on us. No this is not a new cat, we are cat sitting. Isn't she cute though!

Realizing that I am more like my family than I thought. We love our boat shoes. Mine are the ones on the bottom.

I hope you are enjoying your holidays, traditions and peculiarities both!