Remember my birthday post in April? I got a surprise harmonica and I thought maybe I had found my calling. Well since then guess how much I have practiced.

NONE!

Well, none until today. Today my dad found an old harmonica book in some of his files and he gave it to me. My past excuse for not playing has been that I have been living with people and did not want to be disruptive. It was a legitimate excuse.

Now that I am at my parents house where my dad practices his guitar each day I think that excuse no longer works so I decided to give it a shot.

Did you know playing the harmonica is hard? I didn't! When I was a kid I used to blow on an old one we had and thought, "hmm, no big deal."

Wrong! It is quite hard and I am going to have to work on my technique a lot but I think it might be worth it. I kinda enjoyed sitting around, practicing an instrument. It has been a while and I am going to have to brush up on my music note reading skills.

F-A-C-E

Every Good Boy Does Fine

Sound familiar to anyone?

So I was practicing a little and attempting to get down covering certain holes with my tongue so that I could play one note at a time (not easy). I thought I was getting ok at playing Row Row Row Your Boat (gotta start somewhere) so I attempted to play it for my parents. I asked my mom what song I played and she said, "umm, Mary Had a Little Lamb?" Ohhh I was crushed! I guess Row Row Row needs a little more work.

I think I am up for the challenge. I might take a little hiatus again while in language school and living with a Chilean family (can you imagine their surprise) but once I have my own place I am going to rock out!