I am finally moved into my home and have enough of the basics to survive and even cook a meal. I am really excited to show you. Welcome to my home. Let me show you around.

The outside of my house

My street. I pray for these people every time I walk by.

Come on in. Have a seat. Haha. This is my living room and dining room. I just ordered a couch and table so I am looking forward to having something to sit on besides camp chairs.

This is how I heat my house. It might seem intimidating and it is a little bit of work but it works soooo well. I have the warmest house on our team!

Here you can see the stairs to the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom. One of those rooms will be my guest room (you are welcome to visit any time) and the other holds all my boxes and suitcases. See the towels hanging? It is so wet here and this is the only way they can dry, next to the fire.

Here is my bedroom and my feather comforter to keep me warm at night.

My little bathroom.

My little kitchen, now complete with stove, refrigerator and dishes. Soon to come: washer and dryer.

Speaking of a stove, this is how I fuel my stove, with a tank of gas that I have to walk outside to turn on when I want to use it.

Another inconvenience that I am getting used to, my water heater. It heats as it goes and when I want to use hot water I have to turn the gas on (see the little yellow knob) and then light it with a match. It gives me wonderful hot water though so I can't complain.

My backyard. I can't wait for it to be warm and dry so I can eat on my back porch. Right now it stores my wood.

And speaking of cold and wet, these are worn almost daily now.

And just so you don't think I havent been doing anything, this is what it looked like when I first moved in.

My office: camp chair, computer on a box, as close to the fire as possible.

So ladies and gents, senors y senoras, that is my little home. I look forward to the day, very soon I hope, to have new Chilean friends over to warm by the fire, cook a yummy meal, sit on my comfy couch and share our lives together.