I hosted for the first time in my new home on Sunday. The team came over for church and then we ate dinner together. It felt so good to have friends sitting comfortably and warm in my new home. Everyone had a chair and everyone had a place to sit at the table. That is something to be thankful for coming off of living in a tiny apartment in Santiago with no room for everyone.

The next night I had my first Chilean friends into my home for a meal and that was very special too. The family I lived with my first 3 weeks here came over to deliver some packages that arrived for me and I used that as an opportunity to show them my new house, enjoy a meal together and catch up.

These were just two simple evenings of food and talking but they meant a lot to me. I love hosting and serving my friends and I see this as just the beginning of many many meals to come.