The ash from the volcano way down south has finally arrived in Concepcion. I am pretty sure I read that it went all the way around the world and came back to Chile and now it is in Concepcion. I think the volcano has slowed down but is still going.

Looks just like a normal foggy day in Conce. Nope! It's ash!

From what I can tell on the internet news sites there is not much to be worried about. They have canceled flights in and out of Concepcion, and it may cause a little respiratory problems but they are only telling the very young and very old to be cautious. People are out walking around, children are playing outside so no one seems to worried. To look outside and see it, if you didn't know it was ash, you would just think it was a little foggy. Or if you were in Abilene you would think it was a little dust storm. But no, it's ash. I can see a slight dusting of it on the floor right in front of my front door but that is the only effects on my life.

This is a really horrible picture I know but you can mainly see it if you look at the tree line and how fuzzy they look.

No need to worry. I think it will pass soon and I can say I survived my first volcanic ash!