Summer time in Concepcion is marvelous! I just love it to pieces. The sun shines almost every day and it is warm but not hot. People here think it's hot but they have never been to Houston so they don't really know. I love it because I get to give my winter clothes a break and wear my skirts and tank tops for a while. I love it because most people are on vacation so they are either super chill hanging around town or they have left town, making things more chill for the rest of us. And, I love it because of all the wonderful fruits that all the stores and street vendors have. Yum!

A favorite summer time activity is to go to the beach and there are plenty to visit. If I tell one Chilean which beaches I have been to they tell me "oh, no, you need to go to such-and-such playa" and if I go to such-and-such playa the people there tell me I gotta visit another one. It is never ending and I have to say, I don't mind following those orders.

I had a fun beach trip the other day with Chad, Sara and some of my neighbors. They have the most precious little girls and we had a blast hanging out with them at the beach for a day. This beach was beautiful and the most alive I have ever seen a beach. There were little critters everywhere including sea urchins, star fish, crabs, other things that look like crabs but I was assured they were something else, and tons of other unidentifiable sea creatures that people were collecting to take home and eat!

I attempted to get in the water a few times but it was unbearable for me. That is the coldest ocean I have ever felt and it is not warmed up in the summer. Some people were swimming but I do not know how. The only thing I can imagine is that their bodies went numb and they couldn't feel any more.

I can't say it enough. I love summer time and I do not want it to end. Ever.