In my six months of doing campus ministry here in Colorado I have learned one thing for sure. You never know what is going to work or what is going to happen. While working at Mines I tried different things to meet people and sometimes the most effective way was sending out campus wide emails and other weeks that only made people mad.

This summer me and my other two campus ministry partners (Art and Bri) have been starting new work at a campus downtown. Our goal has just been to feel out the campus and meet people using our listening booth (similar to Lucy's psychiatric booth on Charlie Brown but we listen instead of being mean). I have been down there 4 times so far this summer and each week has been different.

One week we did the booth and I ended up talking with a girl who was out on campus trying to make people aware of environmental issues. She went to the school and was really great to talk to and said she liked what we were doing. Another week we played pool in the game room on campus and decided it would be super fun to just pay for people to play pool with us. We also got to talk to some high schoolers on campus and a lady who lets just say she really needed to be listened to.

Today was another interesting day. Art and I did not pick up the table for our booth so we decided to skip the booth for the day. While eating lunch we noticed advertisements for a book club that afternoon so we decided to go. The ladies hosting the club were really nice and invited us to stay even though we had not read the book. About 10 people came and four of of the ten (including us three) had not read the book but we still had a good time listening and asking questions. Everyone was super nice and explained things to us and it was a great chance to really interact with things happening on the campus. One lady at the meeting was the coordinator for students events and another girl passed out campus activity information to the different departments. Awesome contacts!

I am not sure campus ministry is what I am best at but I am learning and being stretched a lot. I do love that you never know what is going to happen and sometimes not having a plan is the best plan. That is totally me! I cannot wait to see what goes on next week!

These are some unrelated photos from my most recent hiking adventure and attempt to summit a mountain.
These beautiful white and yellow flowers were all over the place on our hike.
We had quite a few of these rushing, snow-melt rivers to cross. This was not a dry hike.

There was quite a bit of snow all along the hike. We were not prepared for it.

You can kinda see the top of this mountain where we tried to summit.

You can see here why we did not summit. The only was up was to cross multiple areas like this. Jeremy attempted to trudge some of them until we would realize it was stupid and turned back. It was a super fun, tough and beautiful hike!