It is crazy to think that it has been less than two weeks since I got home from our survey trip. So much has happened since then that it seems forever ago. I keep getting asked how long I have worked at Starbucks and it seems like a long time but it really has only been like a week and a half. Crazy how time goes sometimes! So much has just run through my head in these last two weeks it is hard to keep up with.

Today I worked an eight hour shift at Starbucks and it was crazy but good. There was a car show in downtown Golden so there were a ton of people walking around all day which made working super busy but they purposefully had me work then to experience it all. I was set to the register and I feel like I am getting pretty good at it if I could only remember all the little symbols to write on the cups. I also got to see a bunch of the Interlink students throughout the day which was super fun. I miss seeing them and they were surprised to see me too!

People are just so funny with their orders. They will list about 10 different things they wanted added to their drink with specific milks, sizes, extras, syrups, espressos, lights, creams, and even temperature of the liquid. TEMPERATURE! Who knows the temperature of their drink? That is way too specific!!! Then there are the people who walk up while the frap blender is whizzing and the coffee grinder is screaming and they whisper their order to me. I just want to yell "WHAT WAS THAT?!?!" But I think the customer service part of my manual did not really think that was a good idea. People just make me laugh and that is why I think I will really like this job. The millions of different people that come through Starbucks every day!

Then I come home and read more of The Irresistible Revolution and it just slaps me across the face with so many things to think about. Like the huge gap between the rich and the poor and how Jesus bridged that gap but we do an awful job of it. We as "Christians" can tell you the amazing things that Jesus did but we are not willing to do them ourselves unless they are comfortable. Why is it considered better to work with the poor than with the rich? And does Jesus call all of us like he did the rich young ruler to sell everything to follow him? (Mt. 19:21) And what about marriage? Is it actually better to say unmarried if you can accept it? (Mt. 19:11-12) Man this book is making me think. Do we really have any idea what it means to be a Christian? I already want to read it again and I am not even finished yet! I hope I can sleep tonight!