My parents have been on their summer vacation this past week and much of it included playing in Colorado. They decided to do things in and around Colorado Springs because they had never done that area before. So one night after work I drove down there and spent the night and ran around with them the next day.

The first sight we saw was called Cave of the Winds which was a nice size cave that we toured. Probably not the best cave I have ever seen but not the worst either. It had some nice sized stalagtights and stalagmites and some other interesting formations. When I am in a cave I have to resist the strong temptation to touch everything because you are not supposed to. It will make the cave deterioriate more quickly. I also always want to go exploring by myself in the areas that you are not supposed to go. But I know I would get freaked out but it just makes me want to be an explorer!


The second place we went was Pikes Peak. We did not hike it but rode a train up and down it which was pretty nice. We got to see a lot of cool things and it took a lot less time than hiking it would since it is a 14er. We got to the top and it was not the most impressive mountain top I have been on but of course anything that high is pretty nice. Since the mountain is in the foothills it is still pretty far from the actual big Rocky Mountains so the view was not as good. Also, it was just so touristy and had a gift shop on top. It was so weird! But I pretty much love anything that gets me outside so I enjoyed it.



The third stop we made was to the Seven Falls and I really liked this place. It is back in this canyon and the drive was beautiful! You get to the end of the canyon and there is this very tall waterfall that is divided into 7 different smaller falls. At one place you climb 185 stairs to get to the top of this look out that gives you a great view of the falls from far away. Then you go down those stairs just to climb 224 more that go right next to the falls. It was a good climb but totally worth it. The falls were beautiful.

After the falls we ate dinner and then I drove back home to Golden. It was a great little trip and I was glad to get to spend some time with the padres.