I am laying in my bed feeling tired this morning. I worked at 4am today and am getting a cold. I want to lay here all day but I cant. I am excited to go home on Friday but I do not want to be sick. Boo!

This morning at work people were grouchy. Not the baristas but the customers. We got quite a few dirty looks and some very impatient people. I just wanted to yell if you are in a hurry and the line is out the door DON'T COME IN! I usually can put up with the rude people that come in but this morning it was just one after another. When they would leave the store us baristas would look at each other in shock. Sometimes I feel like people think that because I work in a service/food industry that I am stupid. I want to let them know that I have a degree and I choose to work here because I put enjoying my job over money!

I do enjoy my job but I am glad it will be over soon. I am tired of waking up at 4am to serve grouchy customers. I am tired of smiling and pretending like everything is ok when it isn't. Not like I have that many bad days but when I do and someone asks how I am I want to say "I'm not good! How are you?" I am tired of smelling like coffee and being addicted to caffeine.

When I get back to Abilene and am back in school I have a few things about my lifestyle I would like to change that are too hard to change right now. First, I am going to get off caffeine for a while. Hopefully I can quit over Christmas when I have time to have headaches. I like coffee and cokes but I do not like that I have to have something each day.

Second, I am going to get some form of exercise 5 days a week. Whether this is walking around campus or going for a bike ride. I have gained a little weight since working at SB and I do not like that. I do not have to be a stick to be happy but I do not like tight clothes. I know, it seems like living in CO it would be easy to be fit but its not always. For one thing when I get home from work my body is tired and needs to just sit. Plus I cant just go climb a mt. by myself for fear of getting lost or mauled by a mt. lion! I do not run anymore so that limits my outdoor activity. Plus it is getting cold and that hurts my lungs and it seems like it is always dark outside with this crazy time change!!

My third change (or more of a continuation) is that wherever possible I am going to ride my bike. Whether this is to my friends house, class or the grocery store. Living in a little town it is silly to drive everywhere. Obviously sometimes it is not possible because of too much to carry or too far, but I am going to try! Colorado has turned me slightly green and I want to stay that way!

Forth, eat less crap! I love sweets and cokes and junk food. I will have none of that in my house with the exception of some ice cream. It will be easier to eat less crap when not working at SB, but after the holidays it is a little hard to stop.

If I can keep these things I will be so happy. No they are not New Years resolutions. They are my "life is changing so might as well go all out" goals!!

Check out this website if you have not already. I heard about it on the news but did not know the site until looking at Cris's blog this morning. No clue how true it is but it is worth a shot!