I went on possibly my last Colorado adventure on Friday. Me and Jeremy and our friend Kelsie drove 3 hours north to Yampa, Co and began our hike to the Devil's Causeway. It was a 7 hour hike that about half way into it we got to put on our snowshoes rented from REI.

I LOVE SNOWSHOEING!!! This was my first time and actually I had never heard of it until moving here but it was amazing and so much fun. It is my new favorite winter sport. It has all the amazing parts of skiing like being outside in the mountains and in the snow but none of the ACL tearing possibilities. Plus you can go so many different places where skiing you are kinda limited.

So we continued our hike up the mountain which in some parts was pretty steep and I tried not to think about coming down. We made it to the top and got to see an AMAZING view of the Flat Top Range. Everything was covered in snow and we could see miles of snow covered mountains and valleys.


The Devil's Causeway is part of the ridge of the mountains that is very dangerous and we warned multiple times by the ranger not to cross it. Usually I like to make my own decisions on dangerous stuff but this time she was right. This part of the ridge is about 100 feet long and the widest part is 3 feet. On each side of the ridge is definite death. 1500 drop. Part of me really wanted to try but since there was snow on it I decided to save my stupid choice for another time. But man was it pretty up there. We hung around and took some great pictures and then headed down so we could make it out before dark.

On the way down Kelsie and I slid on our butts because it was so steep I was sure I would just tumble down the whole mountain. It was a little bit colder this way and my hands got so numb the were pounding with pain but at least I made it safe and it was even fun sometimes.


Our adventure was amazing and I hope I can snowshoe in Chile. I am very tempted to buy a pair before leaving here but I need to think about that long and hard before I drop $200 bucks!