I know the TV show Friends has been off air for quite a while now but it is still very much a part of my life. That totally makes me sound like a loser, but hear me out and maybe you can relate. Have you ever watching a TV show so much and known it so well that when you experience things in your own life, certain moments or episodes pop into your mind?

Here's an example. Tonight I was with some friends and us girls were in the kitchen. One of them dropped a very sharp knife on the floor, very close to her foot and it made us both yelp a bit. This experience made me think of the Friends episode where Monica actually does drop a knife onto Chandler's foot and it cuts his baby toe off! Understand what I mean now?

It seems strange and very dorky that I relate my life to a TV show but it is amazing how many people do it. I have numerous friends who can do the same thing with Friends, Seinfeld and/or LOST. LOST reference pops into my head it is not because of something I have experienced (because LOST is a pretty crazy show) but more something connected to the show like talking about polar bears, the philosopher John Locke or winning the lottery. I have done this type of thing with all three, but probably Friends the most since I have been watching it the longest.

Another example everyone can remember experiencing is when a friend tells you the end of a book or a movie and it makes you so mad and then they try to tell you it didn't happen that way. There is an episode where Rachel is reading The Shining and Joey Little Women and they end up going back and forth, spoiling big plot lines for each other.

I think another reason this connection happens with Friends more (and probably Seinfeld too but I just don't know it as well) is because of how the show revolves around people who are pretty normal and do regular things, it is just a little more extreme and in a very funny way. It is very easy to relate to. Sometimes this relatedness happens the opposite way. For example, making a game out of throwing wet paper towels at the wall to make them stick...a game Joey and Rachel play.

One last example I can relate to is in the episode when no one is ready and Joey and Chandler go back and forth with each other about the chair because one time theBFF stole all my underwear so to get her back I did the opposite and put on everything she owned...and then did lunges. Haha, just kidding, that didn't really happen to me.