I saw an amazing movie this weekend. So good that I can say it is probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. So good that I went out and bought the soundtrack afterward, which I never do. So good that I cannot stop thinking about it. So good that I cannot wait to see it again! This is an owner.

I will admit that I am not a tough movie critic. If the movie entertains me, makes me laugh, or cry and is not too awful to watch then I will say I liked it. Having said that, this movie is actually worth raving about. I am not just saying that because I heard all these amazing things about it and know in which places to say "ooo" and "ahh," because I didn't. When the BFF and I went I had heard of it but was not interested. I had no idea what it was about and the title sounded strange. I also knew it had some award buzz around it and typically I do not like the movies that win the awards, not always, but typically. So I went in having low expectations and came out completely won over by the storyline and the visual picture.

I do not want to give the movie away because I had no idea what it was about or the interesting way the story was told, so I wont. You can watch the trailer below, but I think the less you know the better. I will say it is sent in Mumbai, India and I just learned it was actually filmed on the streets of Mumbai which makes it even more real. It is a love story but a magical one that in real life would be impossible (unless you believe in destiny of course), but one you wanted to succeed so that at least one thing could go right in the lives of these amazing children.

I have never been to India, but I felt like I was there. The poverty was overwhelming, the people were beautiful, there was a struggle between Muslims and Hindus, etc. The movie also portrayed the vibrant colors of the Indian life. Their clothes and buildings were bright and beautiful. These colors along with the heart pounding, exciting, music just made for a wonderful time for my senses! If only they had smells....well some of them at least. Side note- wouldn't that be so interesting if one day movies had smells to go along with what was happening in the movie instead of the delicious popcorn smell!!! Someone should invent that. Go!

Anyway, if I have not said it enough I LOVED the movie and anyone should go see it who wants to be moved. I could go on and on but I do not want to ruin it for you. If possible see it on the big screen because this is one movie it would make a difference in, but if not wait till you can rent it. My only complaint is that when they spoke English it was hard for me to understand and I would have rather read all of it in subtitles, but I just always have trouble understanding accents.