Ok, I'm back. I know that was not a very long break. I am still kinda bored with blogging but I have my reasons for coming back. Maybe it is because of all the comments my readers have made begging me to return...NOT! No one even seemed to notice so I guess this blog is just for me.

Is there a tool or anything to tell me if anyone is visiting my blog or not? I mean I know that I read a lot of people's blogs but never comment and I guess they don't know that I read. I just like to think my blogs are so profound I leave everyone speechless...or maybe they are too intimidated because I am so cool...or maybe...just kidding. :)

So here are some random things going on in my life:

  • Had a wonderful, relaxing, yummy night with my team last night. They are so great. I just love spending time with them.
  • Ellen and I are both experimenting with veggie soups (without recipes) this week. We will see how it goes. In the process of sharing what we were thinking we would put in them we discovered the difference in chicken stock and chicken broth. Do you know the difference?
  • Summit (Lectureship) is this week at ACU. Have I been to any of it yet? Only the iron pouring on Monday night. That was pretty cool. No, I have been holed up in my room reading and reading and reading. I am going to go hear Donald Miller speak this afternoon. Don't let me down Donald!!!
  • I am getting serious about this fund raising business. It is so scary and stressful but also humbling. And I have been encouraged by reading my friend's blogs who are new to the mission field. You should check all of them out on the right side.
  • It got "cool" yesterday here in Abilene. At least cool for Texas standards and it is super nice. This time of year I miss Colorado the most. I loved the fall there. It was so amazing and beautiful!
  • My padres are coming to visit this weekend. Yea!
  • The Texans had and AWESOME game on Sunday. So that is what it feels like to have a good team. Every time Schaub stepped back to throw the ball my stomach tightened up because I am so used to seeing him get sacked that it makes me nervous. It feels like how I feel when I see an ice skater make a jump.
  • I get to go to my first A&M football game in my life in October and I am super excited. I have wanted to go for a long long time! I am really looking forward to my 2 upcoming weekends in College Station.
  • Tomorrow night is Office night. I was really impressed with Community last week. Can they keep up the humor though? I am ready for 30 Rock to come back on. I miss you Lemon!
  • I love school and what I am studying is just amazing. I feel so blessed by it all and never want to take it for granted. Having said that, I am ready to be done. Not because I am tired of studying necessarily, but because I am just so tired of sitting. All day I sit and read, sit and write, sit and research, sit and listen. It is exhausting and my body is crying out for activity!
  • At least one of my fantasy football teams is doing good...
Ok, I really should get back to my reading, reading, reading (sitting, sitting, sitting) so I don't feel guilty when I go to Donald Miller. Don't let me down Donald!!! :)