I feel like today is a momentous occasion. No not because I am ahead on homework and not because I made it through the day with no caffeine. More important than those (and neither of those are possible). I sent off my fund raising packet. Ahhh!

It may not seem like a big deal but it is. I never knew how anxiety provoking fund raising could be. I feel so vulnerable. I mean I am really putting myself out there. I am not just presenting what I plan to do but who I am. This is so much a part of me! What if I am rejected? I was seriously shaking a little bit this afternoon as I hit the send button.

Some days I wish I had thicker skin.

Not only do I feel vulnerable about presenting myself on paper, I also take fund raising and money in missions VERY seriously. I am not flippantly asking for money to go hang out in South America for a few years. I am asking for churches to partner with me in a place that God is already working but that needs the hope of Jesus Christ. This is serious business. I am aware of that daily.

As scary as it is, it is also very exciting and freeing. This packet I sent off was my semester goal and it is done! What a weight lifted off my shoulders. It will still need to be tweaked as time goes on but it is pretty much done and I am quite proud of it. I feel like it looks good and communicates well what I plan to do, why I plan to go, who I am, who my team is etc. Or at least as well as can be presented in 11 pages...I seriously could go on for days. :)

This whole missionary thing is a bigger roller coaster than I ever expected it to be but I am so thankful and excited to be on this journey. Whether churches reject me or not, GOD has affirmed this plan and who I am. That is what is important. I need to keep reminding myself of that.

Thanks to those who contributed, fixed my poor grammar and lack of comma usage, gave me feedback and encouragement. I am blessed.