Last night our campus ministry group held a Free Laundry Night at the community center where we usually have our Bible study each week. It was an idea of Vernon's that he had a few months ago and I thought it went really well.

The only way I advertised was putting up a few flyer's around the campus apartment complex and then yesterday morning I sent out a campus wide email saying what it was. I got a few phone calls but really had no idea what our turn out would be. We probably, by the end of the night, had 25-30 people come through and do their laundry. All we provided was quarters and they did their laundry on their own. We also had a movie playing with pizza and drinks . I can think of about 8 different nationalities that came through and they were all so friendly and grateful.

The question of the night was "so why are you doing this?" The first time I got asked this I probably did not give the best answer, but as the night went on I got better. I usually told people that we were the Rocky Mountain Campus Ministry, a Christian group on campus. I said we always met there on Tuesday nights for dinner and a Bible study, but we were doing this as a way to serve students and as a way for us to meet new students . It was a great advertisement for us, but more importantly we were serving the students which is one of our main purposes. There was no preaching, Bible beating, or baptizing, just hanging out and letting them know we are here. I told some of them about our study each week and them seemed interested so we will see what happens.

We were there from before 6pm until 10pm, and when we left there were still people doing their laundry on our quarters. As I drove home I could not stop smiling because I was so pleased with how our night went and I thanked God for working through us. I really have no idea what they thought of us or if we will see any of them again, but I really felt like God was using my talents. I get such a high from serving God in a way that I am good at. Yeah, I can sit behind a desk and help run an office, but God really made me to work with people and build relationships with them in order to lead them into a relationship with him. What an honor!

So the moral of the story is, if you want to meet new people, buy them off by offering free food and quarters for laundry. Then everyone will like you! Haha! : )