There is something really fun for me about counting down to an exciting event. I have been doing it for many years now and have counted down for Harry Potter books and movies, winter and summer breaks in school, Lord of the Rings movies, birthdays, and graduations. My newest count down is two things wrapped into one. From today I have one month left at my job and one month and a day before I leave for an exciting South American adventure. Woo Hoo!!

What's weird is that as excited as I am about these things I am also scared to death. I am scared of leaving my job because I don't have another one yet and I have no idea what kind of money I will be making to live on. I am scared of our trip to South America because it is such a huge commitment for me and I know what it is preparing me for.

I desire with all my heart to do ministry in S. America but it is so scary to think of leaving awesome Colorado, my amazing family and friends, and the comfort of the US. But what is even scarier is thinking of what it would mean if I didnt go, knowing that God has called me to it. I dont want to be Moses, I want to be Isaiah. I dont want to say "Lord please, send anyone else" but "Here I am Lord, send me."

Not exactly where I meant to go with the topic of counting down, but here are a few other things I am counting down till:

1. Lost: 4 more episodes till the season finale
2. Harry Potter movie: 79 days
3. Last Harry Potter book: 87 days
4. I go home again: 18 days
5. Done with PT: 8 weeks
6. Summer: 2 months