Last night Randi, Jeremy and I went and saw the Colorado Mammoth's play professional lacrosse. Now maybe it is just because I grew up in Texas where the only sport that really matters is football, but I had never even heard of professional lacrosse. I knew what the sport was but not much else and the same with Randi and Jeremy. We just thought it would be fun and I love going to any sporting even live.

A few weeks back Randi and I had tried to go to the game without tickets and got there and the game sold out. We were shocked! "Who watches lacrosse" we kept saying! Finally someone told us that last year they were the champions and this year the were like 9-1 so they were really good and popular to see. So anyways, this time we purchased tickets ahead of time and actually got to go inside! We were in the nose bleed section but still could see great.

As we were walking to our seats there was a family holding up the letters "GFENCE" and we asked them what it meant. They kept saying "Gee Nash, Defence, you know." We told them it was our first game and they told us he was a really good player (the goalie actually). We found our seats and started reading up on "Lacrosse 101" in the program they handed out. The pre-game thing was pretty cool and everyone was so excited and pumped to be there! Who knew there were so many lacrosse fans!

The game started and it was really fun to watch. It was super fast paced and pretty action packed but probably not as violent as hockey. They did have body checks, slamming each other into the walls and hitting each other with sticks. So funny! And whenever the other team would get sent to the penalty box everyone would yell "GET IN THE BOX" and then they would start a Power Play because the other team was a man down.

Around the Pepsi Center there were cheerleaders, girls sitting in a hot tub, a Mammoth, things falling from the ceiling and t-shirts shot into the crowd. They had loud music blaring and competitions during the break. So exciting and fun. I think the final score was 13-12 and it was close most of the game except at the beginning when we seriously thought they were going to kill the other team. It really was a great game and makes me want to learn to play the sport.

The end of our evening was a little intense though. We met at McDonalds about a mile from the stadium and parked there because it was free, despite the "Private Parking- towed at owners expense" signs everywhere. We did it anyways and quite a few times during the game I got a little sick feeling in my stomach thinking what would happen if it got towed. As we got closer to McDonalds I seriously thought my car was gone because whatever was parked in that area was white and not red. My knees felt weak and I could feel the adrenaline pumping. I was preparing for a LONG night of having no idea what to do and spending way more money than parking would have cost. But then Randi saw her car and as we got closer we saw that my car was there too and it just looked funny in the light. I was SO relieved! We decided to repay McDonalds for not towing our cars and went in and got some ice cream for the way home.

The moral of the story is professional lacrosse is super fun, but free parking is not always worth it.