The other day I was working at Starbucks and went to the back to get some ice to bring out front. As I was scooping the ice out I had a very strange thought. See the ice machine is really deep and new ice is always falling on the top so the ice at the bottom never gets used. I kinda feel sorry for that ice. It may never get to fulfill it's little icy destiny because others are always pushing it down. I know ice does not have feelings and it is only water, and that is why this is so weird to think but I cannot help it and I always feel that way about the ice machine now.

I guess this has something to do with being too sympathetic because it plays out in other areas such as sports. When I watch a game (TV or live) I ALWAYS feel sorry for the loser, even if my team was playing and won! Of course I am happy for my team but I cannot help but thinking that the other team tried hard too. Weird, I know. Guess I am not too competitive. I just want everyone to win and all the ice to be used!!! Is that too much to ask?