Today I finished my first week of grad school and man it was a long week. The regular semester starts on Monday and I was taking a short course this week which means cramming a whole semester into one week. We had class from 8-5 and usually stayed in the library after to do work. During the rest of the semester we also have some papers and assignments due, so the class isn't over yet!

The class was called Intro to Grad Studies and it was good because it helped orient us to the library and all of the tools needed in our program, which is a lot. There are so many books, commentaries, dictionaries, encyclopedias, indexes, bibliographies and other things out there and I had no idea. I still kinda don't. We took in a lot of info in a short time so I will be happy to remember half of it.

I did make an interesting observation over the week. Grad school is still and quiet. Seriously! Every day in class we sat and listened and then worked on our assignments and were quiet and still. It wasn't that none of us had personality or anything to say but it just was not the place. I wanted to be my loud, fun self but felt like I needed to make a good impression on the students and the teacher. And library tools are not really a loud and wiggly topic so it made sense but it was driving me crazy. I wanted to go outside and play and laugh and yell but I had to sit calmly and quietly and keep to myself. I wanted to make funny comments but it felt inappropriate. Is this being an adult? BORING!!!

Anyways, this week was not awful but I am glad its over and will be glad to start my regular classes next week. Maybe they will involve a little more discussion. Crossing my fingers!!! But now it is the weekend and I plan to be productive and have some fun too. Saturday night is mission team hang out night and I am sure we will be wiggly and loud!!!